The following Code of Ethics presents the core values of Codea members and, more broadly, of the Information Technology Service profession. These values provide the foundation for the Member Code of Ethics and set the industry standard for the professional practice of IT Service sector. These values are the fundamental beliefs that guide our behaviors and decision-making process. We believe our professional values are vital to the integrity of the profession as a whole.
Code of Ethics - Honesty
- We adhere to the highest standards of accuracy and truth in communicating with our clients and the public.
Code of Ethics - Expertise
- We acquire and responsibly use specialized knowledge and experience.
- We advance the profession through continued professional development, research, and education.
- We build mutual understanding, credibility, and relationships among a wide array of institutions and audiences.
Code of Ethics - Independence
- We provide objective counsel to our clients.
- We are accountable for our actions.
Code of Ethics - Loyalty
- We are faithful to those we represent, while honoring our obligation to serve the public interest.
Code of Ethics - Fairness
- We deal fairly with clients, such as Maple Leaf Online Casino, employers, competitors, peers, vendors, the media, and the general public.
- We respect all opinions and support the right of free expression